Preparation and 10 Practice Tests for PTE General - Level 2, 3, 4 and 5 have been designed to provide students with ample practice and thorough coverage of all the sections in each examination. They also include a wide range of exercises designed to cover all possible weaknesses in students knowledge, whether grammatical, lexical or structural, ensuring they will be well prepared to succeed at each Level.
Each book includes:
- a detailed overview of the new examination.
- extensive preparation for each section of the examination.
- ten complete practice tests.
- Vocabulary development based around and expanding on the three themes the students will encounter in each test.
- Language awareness exercises designed to enrich students΄ structural and syntactical knowledge.
- Examination skills, which develop students΄ ability to deal confidently with all sections of the new examination.
- Exam-style practice, giving students presentation for the practice tests, in a miniature form.
Key Features at each Level:
- Extensive listening practice based on tasks similar to those used in sections 1 and 3.
- Dictation and spelling practice to help candidates cope with the dictation task in section 2.
- Reading skills and practice to familiarise students with the demands of the various task types in sections 4-7.
- Writing skills for all the writing tasks encountered in sections 8 and 9.
- Sample answers for the writing in section 8.
- Writing guides for all task types at the back of each book.
- A separate Speaking skills section, with vocabulary and structures for all topics likely to be encountered. This will enable students to gain the accuracy and fluency they need in sections 10, 11 and 13.
- A Functional Language section, with ways of expressing opinions, feelings, suggestions, etc., to help students improve their writing and speaking skills.
- A Grammar Review at the back of each book, which provides students with a quick revision of level-appropriate grammatical and structural items. These are tested through error correction, and will help students especially in the writing and speaking sections.
Level: 2 Upper Intermediate.